KUALA LUMPUR: NINE roads and streets here will be renamed after rulers who have served as Yang di-Pertuan Agong.
1. Jalan Duta will be renamed Jalan Tuanku Abdul Halim
2. Jalan Khidmat Usaha will be renamed Jalan Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah
3. Jalan Ipoh — from the Jalan Segambut junction to the Jalan Pahang junction — will be renamed Jalan Sultan Azlan Shah
4. Persiaran Duta will be renamed Persiaran Tuanku Syed Sirajuddin
5. Jalan Khidmat Setia will be renamed Jalan Sultan Mizan Zainal Abidin
6. Jalan Ibadah will be renamed Jalan Sultan Mizan Zainal Abidin
7. Lebuhraya Mahameru will be renamed Lebuhraya Sultan Iskandar
8. Persiaran Mahameru will be renamed Persiaran Tuanku Jaafar
9. Jalan Semarak will be renamed Jalan Sultan Yahya Petra.
Mayor Datuk Seri Ahmad Phesal Talib said the new names would take effect tomorrow.
He said City Hall had received the cabinet’s consent to rename the roads.
“This is to honour the rulers who have served as Yang di-Pertuan Agong.”
Phesal said Pos Malaysia would be informed of the changes to the road names to avoid confusion over addresses.